How do I have access to the archives of OHCHR?

The records and archives of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) are transferred to the UN Geneva Archives. UN Geneva Archives are the physical custodians of the records. Most of these records have restricted access and requests for access are dealt with on a case by case basis.

 You must complete and submit an application form requesting access clearance to specific records. This application will then be forwarded to OHCHR for authorization of access.

You will be informed of the decision and UN Geneva Archives staff will provide additional information about the request. Researchers are advised to begin this process well in advance of their expected visit as the approval process takes between 6 and 9 months.

We advise our clients to contact an archivist to be provided with more detailed practical information on how to access restricted records.


Need more information? Ask Us!

Submit your question below

Your question
Your info
Fields marked with * are required.

Date and views

Last Updated: Apr 29, 2020  Views: 65

Related Topics

Related topics

Create ticket